The space had lots of ceramic tile that had seen better days by the time we bought the house. It looked pretty dingy. With all my good tile-painting luck under my belt I decided we'd paint the bathroom tiles black!
Heather showered in the girls bathroom for a couple days while we let the shower tile in here really dry out. Then we primed it with my favorite shellac-based tile, which says on the label that it will stick to masonry and tile. We just rolled in on with a mini-roller.
Here's where I wished I hadn't cheaped out. I had a gallon of this flat black rustoleum in the house so we just used that instead of going to get my tried and true Glidden Porch and Floor. I have a feeling that a lot of the problem was this oil-based enamel is a flat sheen, and I think the gloss makes a big difference in durability.
So far it's holding up beautifully, but I felt more confident about the Glidden for some reason. I'll let you know how it wears, but after maybe a month or two, we haven't had any problems with the paint on the floors or in the shower.
Stay tuned for the room reveal tomorrow! We did a fun, cheap treatment on the walls to spice it up in here! And we changed the lights, the vanity, the mirror, and the cabinet fronts, all for just a few dollars! :)